Before I start, I need to give full credit to my mum for finding this fab cleaning method- Thanks Mam! Okay, so the dreaded filter on your cooker hood. This sticky, greasy mess just seems to not want to budge, even with some degreasing spray. What I always say is, if you have to scrub hard, you are not using the right product. I always knew I was using the wrong product for filter cleaning, it was hard work. I am so glad that my mum has found this effortless method. The magic solution is…
Oxygen bleach! This is how she did it:
- To start protect yourself and your work area. Wear rubber gloves and use newspaper or rags to protect worktops.
- Place your filters in a large container with cold water- enough to cover filters fully.
- This is when the magic starts- sprinkle 3 scoops of oxy bleach. In a little while you will see the solution starting to fizz and bubble. Leave to soak for around an hour.
- When the fizzing and bubbling has subsided carefully pour the liquid from your roasting tin away and rinse off any remaining debris.
- Fill sink with hot soapy water and then remove any remaining grease EASILY with a small cleaning brush- a tooth brush will do.
- You should now have lovely clean filters! Leave to dry and then put back up.
Photo credit: My mum