On a search for greener cleaning solutions? With my new love for white vinegar in mind, I came across a method for cleaning out the microwave with just three simple ingredients:
- White Vinegar (1 cup)
- Lemon (A few slices)
- Warm Water
You will also need a microwaveable bowl, and a sponge.
- Simply fill a microwaveable bowl half full with warm water- the reason I used warm water was simply to make the process quicker. Add the cup of white vinegar and lemon slices to the water
- Put the bowl into the microwave and heat up! I heated the solution for about 70 seconds but this will depend on your microwave. I heated it up enough to steam without bubbling over.
- After the ping pull it out! Be careful- I would use some oven gloves for this point. Any stubborn food bits should now be very easy to remove.
- Use your sponge to clean out your microwave and the microwave plate, you shouldn’t have to use the harsher side of the sponge or scrub hard- if you do then you probably need to put the solution in for a little longer.
- Now you should have a gleaming microwave!
With the left over lemon I made a refeshing lemon tea- but you could experiment with using it for different cleaning tasks as lemon has antibacterial properties. I will be adding more posts on the uses of lemon soon!
Enjoy the rest of your day